The Sea of Cortez Islands are a amazing place filled with nature. Animals who don't live anywhere else in the world live there. So we have to protect the natural beauty and not set up big resorts that put out advertisements saying, “Have your dream vacation here only! Meet a friendly dolphin! Make 1000's of new friends!”
That's not why we're here folks! Ok maybe for the friends part but . . .
You can visit the Islands though sooooooooooooo
If you want to do that here are some tips . . . .
1. Before you get to the Islands brush your shoes and clothes because there's a type of grass called buffalo weed and it burns really fast and you might have the seeds on your shoes.
2. Don't scare the birds because they'll fly away. There’s one type of bird that only has one chick a year and if she is scared away from her nest a rat could eat her egg or chick and the population could go extinct.
3. Don't bring pets to the Islands because they'll make a mess and they could bring a disease.
4. Don't collect shells because it's illegal.
5. Here's one thing you can do – have fun.
The reason I know all this is because here in Guaymas a parks person came and gave us a presentation and she told us all the rules.